Can we talk?! These chatty cards will make your family, friends, and possibly your dog, smile! With a little folding magic you can make your StoryBots card come to life. For complete instructions and more Spring Activities, check out the Spring Activity Book.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- glue stick
- construction paper
- googly eyes
- First, fold the paper in half and make a small cut about 2/3 of the way up on the crease-side
- At the cut, fold each flap up to make a triangle. Fold both ways, then unfold the paper.
- Here’s the tricky part; fold the diamond so that it creases inside the card when you close the card. It may take a second to wiggle out, but you’ll get it!
- Time to draw your StoryBot! I did a simple outline, including a round head, square body, legs, arms, and a rectangle on his belly. He’s looking pretty cool so far!
- We’re missing something…oh yeah, his googly eyes! Use a dab of glue to attach them. Once you glue them down, wait a few minutes to let it dry.
- Once your eyes are dry, glue your card to another piece of constructions paper. Be sure to write a cool message inside and outside.
Ta-da! A talking StoryBot, customized to be awesome! Try different size paper to make different size StoryBots. And don’t forget to send a pic of your creation on Twitter or Instagram!
Browse the full activity book here. Don’t forget to check out StoryBots’ library of videos, books, and activity sheets.
Are you a teacher who loves StoryBots? Fill out this form and we might share your story!