OFFICIAL RULES & GUIDELINES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility. To be eligible to participate in the 2016 StoryBots Classroom Back-to-School Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), you must: (i) be at least 18 years of age and a legal resident of the United States or Canada; (ii) be an active Pre-K or Kindergarten teacher employed by either a private or public school located in the United States or Canada; and (iii) have a registered account on the StoryBots Classroom platform (accessible by visiting www.storybots.com/educate and completing the registration process) by midnight PST on September 30, 2016. Eligibility is determined by the sole discretion of JibJab Bros. Studios (the “Sponsor”) and its designated agents (the “Contest Officials”). Employees of the Sponsor, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- How to Enter. To enter, you must create your students’ profiles through the My Class feature in your StoryBots Classroom account and then use the Invite Parent tool to email or print invitations to the students’ parents. The Invite Parent tool creates a unique code for parents to use to create a StoryBots account for their child that is linked to the StoryBots Classroom profile created by you. If a parent already has a registered StoryBots account, the code will connect the existing account to the student’s StoryBots Classroom profile. By using the enrollment code, parents will have access to any free Common Core-aligned math challenges that you send home using the StoryBots Classroom’s Home Assignment tool. They will also be able to upload their child’s photo for use in your classroom. There is no cost for parents to sign up; however, parents can choose to subscribe to our premium content if they choose. Once a parent has activated the invite code and created a StoryBots account linked to the StoryBots Classroom profile you created, that student profile will be considered ‘claimed.’ You must have at least two student profiles ‘claimed’ by midnight PST on September 30, 2016 to be entered to win one of the Prizes below. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- Prize Pools. If you have at least two student profiles ‘claimed’ by midnight PST on September 30, 2016, you will be entered into a random drawing for one of ten $25 Amazon gift cards. If you have at least five student profiles ‘claimed’ by midnight PST on September 30, 2016, you will be entered into a random drawing for one of five $100 Amazon gift cards. If you have ten or more student profiles ‘claimed’ by midnight PST on September 30, 2016, you will be entered into a random drawing for one of three iPad Mini 4 devices, a monetary value of approximately $499. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be your sole responsibility. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by you is permitted.
- Odds. Odds of winning depend on the number of teachers entered into each Prize Pool.
- Prizewinner Selection. Prizewinners will be selected by random drawing. You may be eligible for multiple prizes (e.g., if you have ten students ‘claimed’, you will be entered into each Prize Pool). However, you will not be entered more than once into each Prize Pool (e.g., if you have four students claimed, you will have only one entry in the $25 Amazon gift card prize pool). You may only win one prize; in the event that you are selected for multiple prizes, you will be given the prize with the greater monetary value. A total of eighteen (18) prizes will be awarded during the Sweepstakes. Winners will be determined by the Contest Officials.
- Notification. Prizewinners will be notified by email using the email address associated with their StoryBots Classroom account within three weeks of the program deadline (midnight PST on September 30, 2016). The Sponsor reserves the right to require additional identification and may choose to deny awarding the prize based on falsification of identification or fraud. The first names and last name initials, along with the city, state and country of each winner (e.g. Jane D, New York, NY), may be used in future promotional communications by the Sponsor to announce the list of Prizewinners. Your acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use your name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. An alternate winner will be selected if any of the Prizewinners are determined not to be an eligible winner or if the Prizewinner does not confirm receipt of email alert within two weeks.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) your participation in the Sweepstakes and/or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; and (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries.