We are looking for videos of kids asking questions for new episodes. Does your child have a question for the StoryBots? Just send us a clip. No fancy equipment is required: simply use the video camera on your mobile device to film a short clip of your child asking their question, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15.
To increase your child’s odds of getting chosen for a video, please follow these guidelines:
- Shoot the video with your phone held horizontally, not up and down. Make sure that the video is landscape, not in portrait mode.
- Greet the StoryBots. Have your child start off by greeting the StoryBots. Before they ask the question, have them say, “Hi StoryBots. My name is ________.” Please do NOT use your last name. First names only!
- Get close to the camera. Shoot the video so that your child is looking directly in the camera and their face fills up as much of the screen as possible.
- Film in a bright area with little noise. It’s best to shoot the video in a bright environment without any background noise. Make sure there’s no TV or music on in the background. We need to be able to see and hear your child!
- Leave some extra footage. Film a few seconds before and after your child speaks, so the beginning and end of the video don’t get clipped too tight.
- Film only one child at a time. If you have multiple kids, please film separate videos (with different questions).
Don’t forget: videos must be sent to email@example.com by September 15, 2016!
Thanks again for your interest!