It’s back to school and that means more learning, more questions, and more StoryBots! To get you back into the swing, we’ve created a super simple #StoryBotsScavengerHunt for your classroom. Here’s how to participate:
- Print the #StoryBotsScavengerHunt.
- Complete and cross off each activity with your class.
- Snap a selfie and share using #StoryBotsScavengerHunt!*
We’ll pick a few classrooms each week to receive a copy of ABC Jamboree for their classroom library!
*Winners will be picked from submissions on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook!
How do I enter?
To enter, snap a selfie (or class photo) of you and your completed #StoryBotsScavengerHunt. We’ll select entries and contact you via social media. Don’t forget to follow us so we can send you a message if you win.
Can anyone participate?
Anyone can complete the activities and post pictures, but only teachers can participate in the contest and we’re only giving away books to teachers (because classrooms need more books).
Will everyone receive a book?
No – we’ll randomly select a few classrooms to receive books.
What’s the hashtag?
What social media can I post to?
We’ll be able to gather posts from Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Be sure to use the hashtag, and that your account isn’t private (otherwise we won’t see your post). We also recommend following us so we can send you a message if you win.
Official Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: To be eligible to participate in the StoryBots Scavenger Hunt Contest (the “Contest”), you must: (i) be at least 18 years of age and a legal resident of the United States; (ii) be an active Pre-K, Kindergarten, First Grade, or Second Grade teacher employed by either a private or public school located in the United States; (iii) have a registered StoryBots Classroom account; and (iv) have a registered account on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Eligibility is determined by the sole discretion of JibJab Bros. Studios (the “Sponsor”) and its designated agents (the “Contest Officials”). Employees of the Sponsor, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on January 5th, 2018 at 6am Pacific and ending January 31, 2018 at 5:00pm Pacific. All online entries must be received by January 31, 2018 at 5:00pm Pacific.
- How to Enter: To enter the Contest, you must submit an entry using Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. You may enter only once. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- Prizes: The winners of the Contest (the “Winners”) will receive a copy of a StoryBots book. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be your sole responsibility. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by you is permitted. Your acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use your name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Up to fifty (50) random, eligible contestants who submit entries that fulfill all Contest requirements will be considered Winners. The Winners will be notified by social media and/or email within five (5) days following the Sponsor’s selection of the Winners on a weekly basis. The Sponsor shall have no liability for each Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for each Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If a Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. The Sponsor reserves the right to require additional identification and may choose to deny awarding the prize based on falsification of identification or fraud. The first names and last name initials, along with the city, state and country of each Winner (e.g. Jane D, New York, NY), may be used in future promotional communications by the Sponsor to announce the list of Winners. Your acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use your name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Rights Granted by You: By submitting any content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), you understand and agree that the Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of the Sponsor, and the Sponsor’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, without limitation, (i) your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information to the extent contained or embodied in your submitted content and (ii) any other individual’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information where such other individual appears in your submitted content for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. You represent and warrant that you have obtained permission from the parent or legal guardian of any students whose name(s), photograph(s), likeness(es), voice(s), performance(s), and/or biographical materials appear in your submitted content. You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property rights of another, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Sponsor from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense which the Sponsor may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, the Sponsor may select the Winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Official Contest Rules. The Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering the Contest you agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) your participation in the Contest and/or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; and (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winners’ name’ or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: JibJab Bros. Studios, 4121 Redwood Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90066. Requests must be received no later than October 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is JibJab Media Inc. dba JibJab Bros. Studios, 4121 Redwood Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90066, USA.
- Facebook: The Contest hosted by the Sponsor is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- Instagram: The Contest hosted by the Sponsor is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.
- Twitter: The Contest hosted by the Sponsor is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter.