Happy New Year from the StoryBots! This past year was our biggest yet. Here are some of our favorite moments from 2017:
- We kicked off 2017 with the launch of a new all-in-one app for the iPhone, which brought together books and videos in one place and topped Apple’s New Apps We Love list.
- Netflix’s Ask the StoryBots won an Emmy Award (with five additional nominations) and was also recognized by the British Academy Children’s Awards, Annie Awards and Kids !magination Awards. Plus, it was one of just two children’s programs honored by the prestigious Peabody Awards!
- The first-ever StoryBots channel for Roku was launched, giving kids more opportunities to view their favorite StoryBots videos on TV.
- We partnered with Random House for a collection of early reader books. Our latest, ABC Jamboree, comes out on January 9th.
- The StoryBots apps and website were honored by the Webby Awards in the family-and-kids category, while StoryBots won Learning Magazine‘s Teachers’ Choice Award for the second year in a row and the first-ever Tech Edvocate Award for best early childhood educational app.
- We released all full episodes of StoryBots Super Songs on our YouTube channel and eventually surpassed 400 million video views overall!
- We introduced Twitter teacher chats and offered educator sharing resources and classrooms printables like bookmarks certificates, posters, hallway passes and more. We also passed more than 40,000 teachers using StoryBots Classroom!
- We premiered A StoryBots Christmas on Netflix. This holiday special guest starred the legendary Ed Asner as Santa Claus and received a five-star review from Common Sense Media, which called it “a dynamic and positive special” that will delight StoryBots fans of all ages.
- StoryBots was available in more places than ever, with our Learning Videos now airing everywhere from Sprout to museums, hospitals and even up in the skies (on American Airlines, that is!).
- We kept kids and families singing our songs wherever they go, releasing new StoryBots music on all major platforms, including iTunes, Spotify, Apple Music and Amazon Music.
- Team StoryBots ended the year by introducing a newly redesigned website that lets kids discover content more easily and gives teachers the ability to share their StoryBots Backpack with families at home for free.
There are plenty of new cool things in the works for StoryBots in the new year, and we can’t wait to share them with you. In the meantime, we wish you and your loved ones the very best in 2018!